Job Titles: Engineering Manager, Depot Manager, Service Manager, Workshop Manager.
Here at XMR we are always keen to work with experienced management personnel within the engineering sector. These are normally senior roles within any organisation and you will report to Director level within the company.
Managers within engineering will be responsible for developing and managing staff, sales, P&L, workshops, fleets and much more. With the help of an existing team you will manage the day to day running of the depot/fleet/warehouse. These roles normally suit a time served tradesman who has gone through the ranks to senior and manager level within HM Armed Forces, with prior experience on a similar fleet. Existing knowledge of the vehicle platform is essential and high levels of experience bringing these fleets to MEI (DVSA) standards is also essential.
This may be an ideal opportunity for a Workshop Controller/Supervisor or similar looking for the next stage in their career. Applicants for any of these roles must have previous experience of running a commercial workshop or similar.
An excellent Manager has fantastic organisational skills, planning work and future maintenance to limit costs. They all are well versed in complex mechanical and electronical systems of a variety of vehicle platforms and have excellent on the spot problem solving abilities, therefore can assist/train staff whilst overseeing on the shop floor. The candidates applying must also have good communication skills to provide advice to customers and clients.
Responsibilities and Skills required;
- Management of workshop operations to include, sales functions, in the most effective and profitable manner, ensuring maximum efficiency whilst meeting customers’ total expectations delivering a high level of customer care throughout
- Winning of new business
- Control over P&L
- Assisting with HR issues when needed
- Hiring and firing of employees
- Management of staff ensuring service, maintenance and repair on vehicle fleets
- Management of Inspections to DVSA standards on a variety of vehicle platforms (MEI or MOTs)
- Maintain customer/client relations
- Ensuring all laws and regulations within the workplace. I.E. H&S are kept too
- Organisational skills for maintenance plans and schedules and organising working hours
- Communication skills towards customers and work colleagues
- Prior knowledge of the fleet used
- A relevant industry qualification
- Member of a relevant institution
- Full UK Driving licence
- Chartered Engineer
- Chartered Manager
- Previous commercial industry working experience of 2+ years