Ex Military Logistics Introduction
The continued development of XMR has seen a huge growth into the Logistics sector as clients are seeing true value in ex military personnel. The large network of distribution depots and global companies that exist across the UK operate in the exact same way as military operations across the world.
Highly trained and experienced in the distribution of supplies from the factory to the front line. Logistic specialists include everything from:
- Drivers and supply chain specialists at the front line (e.g receiving, issuing and delivering stock).
- Inventory management (with visibility across the global supply chain).
- Operational management including air, sea rail and road.
- Strategic planning and execution both for business as usual within Defence and on bespoke operations.
- Category levels incl. Class B, B+E, B1, C, C+E, C1, C1+E, HGV, LGV and Class 1 or 2
Two areas to dive into more detail are below:
Ex Military Logistics and Supply Chain experts
Running arguably one of the world’s most renowned and historic Military Defence organisations is no small feat. Members of the British Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force must ensure that an incredibly complicated worldwide Logistics network, that encompasses a huge supply chain operation, is run with absolute precision throughout.
Logistics qualifications and expertise include;
- Transport & Management qualifications: HNC, HND NVQ’s and City and Guilds Levels 1 – 7
- IT Systems: JAMES, MJDI, OPUS
- Budgetory controls, P&L, KPI’s and SLA’s
- ERP’s, IPR’s, LSAR’s and MRP’s
- SHEQ, Audits, Risk, ISO Standards (9001) and H&S, HABC Fire Safety
- Degrees: CMgr MCMI, CILT, BA(Hons), CIPS, CMI Level 1 – 8
- NEBOSH, IOSH, COSHH
- Prince2, APMP, MoR, Lean 6 Sigma, Change Management, MSP
- KANBAN and JIT Strategy
Ex Military Drivers
“We are short of between 45,000 and 50,000 drivers and the situation is getting worse.”
Road Haulage Association’s Chief Executive, Richard Burnett
XMR can provide very experienced Drivers across the UK in volume with the following expertise;
- C+E, C, C1 and HIAB
- ADR (in tanks and packages)
- Petroleum Drivers Passport
- Digital Tacho and CPC
XMR takes a pro-active approach to your recruitment by arranging tailored “open days” at military units UK wide. Completely flexible with the search, we ensure an aligned recruitment process to match your growth plans.
XMR has 2,200 active Drivers across the UK that have either recently left or will be available in the next 3-6 months. This number is growing and now in 2016, we hope to bridge the UK sector’s skills gap.