Job Titles: Vehicle Mechanic, Vehicle Technician, Vehicle Fitter, Vehicle Engineer, HGV Mechanic, HGV Technician, HGV Fitter, HGV Engineer, PCV Mechanic, PCV Technician, PCV Fitter, PCV Engineer
Here at XMR we are always on the lookout for time served Vehicle Mechanics (VM). VMs are used worldwide and throughout the British Military, ensuring all vehicle platforms are serviced, repaired and inspected to MEI (DVSA) standards. VMs are responsible for troubleshooting issues and repairing them proactively when needed to maximise reliability and functionality within the department.
An excellent VM has a good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They all are well versed in complex mechanical and electronical systems of a variety of vehicle platforms and have excellent on the spot problem solving abilities. These tradesmen must also have good communication skills to provide advice to customers and clients.
Responsibilities and Skills required
- Service, maintenance and repair on vehicle fleets
- Inspections to DVSA standards on a variety of vehicle platforms (MEI or MOTs)
- Maintain customer/client relations
- Keep to all laws and regulations within the workplace. I.E. H&S
- Organisational skills for maintenance plans and schedules
- Communication skills towards customers and work colleagues
- A relevant industry qualification (Ideally level 3)
- Full UK Driving licence
- To be a member of an Engineering institute
- To be IRTEC credited
- Advanced licences (C, C+E, D, or H Cats)