Job Titles: Plant Fitter, Plant Mechanic, Heavy Fitter, Heavy Mechanic.
Here at XMR we are always on the lookout for time served Construction Plant, Engineering Fitters. Plant Fitters are used worldwide and throughout the British Military, ensuring all plant vehicle platforms are serviced, repaired and inspected to MEI (DVSA) standards. Plant Fitters are responsible for troubleshooting issues and repairing them proactively when needed to maximise reliability and functionality within the department and when out on site with construction projects.
An excellent Plant Fitter has a good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They all are well versed in complex mechanical and electronical systems of a variety of construction equipment platforms and have excellent on the spot problem solving abilities. These tradesmen must also have good communication skills to provide advice to customers and clients.
Responsibilities and Skills required
- Service, maintenance and repair on plant equipment/vehicle fleets
- Inspections to DVSA standards on a variety of vehicle platforms (MEI or MOTs)
- Maintain customer/client relations
- Keep to all laws and regulations within the workplace. I.E. H&S
- Organisational skills for maintenance plans and schedules
- Communication skills towards customers and work colleagues
- A relevant industry qualification (Ideally level 3)
- Full UK Driving licence
- H Cat licence to road test once repaired
- Crane operating experience
- To be a member of an Engineering institute
- To hold cards such as: CPCS, CSCS and PTS