Job titles: Production Director, Site Director, Engineering Director, Project Director
All roles within our Engineering division promise the chance of progression to get to senior management. However, for senior level personnel already possessing the right background, we have access to roles that will immediately place you at the top of the hierarchy.
As a senior service leaver, you have gained numerous years experience specialising in Mechanical & Electrical, Construction or Production. Having acquired the skills and understanding of every level of the process, whilst managing teams, you will now hopefully have an acute sense of leadership and have generated the business mindset needed to implement large projects and complex strategies.
- Overall responsibility for Engineering activities across the business
- Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Take ownership of the engineering policy, guidelines and any associated documents
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative engineering processes
- Providing technical support to the business development, estimating and onsite engineering teams
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of build design, from contract award to handover
- Lead the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysis of returned tenders
- Assisting projects with value engineering and financial control of contracts during construction stage
- Develop planning and prioritise processes to ensure that multi-disciplinary resource is well aligned to maximise delivery of projects
- Ensure any new equipment or engineering activity is supported with appropriate qualification documentation and that this is appropriately stored.
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures are adhered to
- Establish quality and reliability standards by studying industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers and research/design and development, and define the metrics required to assess performance against standards required
- Strong people management, providing leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Ensuring strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements
- Establish strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives. Work with the Engineering team to translate site strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives. including KPIs, and to track them
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Inspire and motivate all teams and personnel beneath, consistently reviewing performances
- Resilient, optimistic and open to change in order to push success, applying lots of self motivation and confidence
- Educated to degree level (preferably Masters) in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification.
- Fellow or Chartered Member of an industry related Professional Body
- Demonstrable experience of leading an engineering function with a proven track record in strategic engineering leadership delivering effective engineering strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Proven project management and supplier experience
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes, components and design techniques